Re: [GENERAL] disk writes within a transaction

От jonathan vanasco
Тема Re: [GENERAL] disk writes within a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 17, 2017, at 4:05 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:

> It will probably be easier to refactor the code than to quantify just how much damage it does.

Thanks for all the info.  It looks like this is something worth prioritizing because of the effects on indexes.

We had discussed a fix and pointed it; rewriting the code that causes this is pretty massive, and will require blocking
outa resource FT for 2 weeks on rewrites and testing.  We don't really have time to spare any of those devs, so time to
makeproduct tradeoffs ;(

От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] appropriate column for storing ipv4 address
От: Zach Walton
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Understanding pg_last_xlog_receive_location