RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql

От Patrick Ng
Тема RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql
Дата
Re: RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am a novice to PostgreSQL (although I know ORACLE’s PL/SQL very well)

I have written a Stored Function in PostgreSQL but cannot figure out how to compile it or run it in PostgreSQL. In ORACLE, one would have to

do this at SQL*PLUS prompt : @<file-path\file_name to compile the stored function into ORACLE DB.

In PostgreSQL, how do I do that?

In ORACLE, one would have to write a PL/SQL to test the stored function (and use DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE) to get the stored function to write to stdout.

In PostgreSQL, how do I test the stored function? I noticed none of the documentation or books seemed to mention this simple point.

Best regards

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PQexecParams and PQexecPreparaed
От: Christoph Della Valle
Сообщение: Re: RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql