Inquiry on Generating Bitmaps from Filter Conditions in Index Scans

От Jinjing Zhou
Тема Inquiry on Generating Bitmaps from Filter Conditions in Index Scans
Дата
Re: Inquiry on Generating Bitmaps from Filter Conditions in Index Scans  (Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek guidance on a specific aspect of PostgreSQL's index scanning functionality.

I am currently working on a vector search extension for postgres, where I need to generate bitmaps based on filter conditions during an index scan. The goal is to optimize the query performance by efficiently identifying the rows that meet the given criteria.

The query plan looks like this
Index Scan using products_feature_idx on products  (cost=0.00..27.24 rows=495 width=12)
         Order By: (feature <-> '[0.5, 0.5, 0.5]'::vector)
         Filter: ((price > '0.2'::double precision) AND (price <= '0.7'::double precision))

We have a custom index for the order by clause on the feature column. Now we want to utilize the index on other columns like price column. We want to access the bitmap of price column's filter condition in the feature column index. Is there any way I can achieve this goal?

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

Thanks.
Jinjing Zhou

От: "Andrey M. Borodin"
Сообщение: Re: SLRU optimization - configurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: XX000: tuple concurrently deleted during DROP STATISTICS