Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?

От Anton A. Melnikov
Тема Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24.04.2024 12:19, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 24 Apr 2024, at 11:13, Anton A. Melnikov <a.melnikov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

>>> I don't know.  I don't find XLOG_CONTROL_FILE to be a very intuitive proxy for "pg_control".
>
> Maybe, but inconsistent usage is also unintuitive.
>
>> Then maybe replace XLOG_CONTROL_FILE with PG_CONTROL_FILE?
>>
>> The PG_CONTROL_FILE_SIZE macro is already in the code.
>> With the best regards,
>
> XLOG_CONTROL_FILE is close to two decades old so there might be extensions
> using it (though the risk might be slim), perhaps using offering it as as well
> as backwards-compatability is warranted should we introduce a new name?

To ensure backward compatibility we can save the old macro like this:

#define XLOG_CONTROL_FILE    "global/pg_control"
#define PG_CONTROL_FILE        XLOG_CONTROL_FILE

With the best wishes,

--
Anton A. Melnikov
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Use XLOG_CONTROL_FILE macro everywhere?
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Q: Escapes in jsonpath Idents