Re: Re-partitioning huge schema

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Re-partitioning huge schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 7, 2007, at 11:53 AM, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 December 2007 17:29, Erik Jones wrote:
>>> i dont think you'll have much luck taking the "spread data evenly
>>> throught the
>>> partitions" approach; figure out how best to segment your data into
>>> manageable chunks.  HTH.
>>
>> I agree.  That's also why I'm not too worried about taking a bin
>> based approach to the partitioning.  In addition, once this is done,
>> however I end up doing it, I'm going to be working on a horizontal
>> systems scaling approach wherein I set up another database, replicate
>> the global tables (all 132 of them) to it, and split the accounts'
>> userdata between the two databases -- fun, fun, fun!
>>

> A few of us have been playing with using plproxy in partitioning
> triggers to
> also achieve horizontal scaling at the same time, you might want to
> look into
> that. (Personally I've not yet landed a customer who needs such a
> solution,
> but hopefully soon)

Yeah, when I get to that point I'll definitely be testing with that
as that will definitely make things simpler from the application's
perspective.  First I have to fix our current schema though :(

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump
От: Shelby Cain
Сообщение: Column pgl.transaction does not exist in 8.3 beta 4