Re: Version 14/15 documentation Section "Alter Default Privileges"

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: Version 14/15 documentation Section "Alter Default Privileges"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 05:30:20PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Nov  6, 2023 at 09:53:50PM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > +  <para>
> > +   There is no way to change the default privileges for objects created by
> > +   arbitrary roles.  You have run <command>ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES</command>
>
> I find the above sentence odd.  What is its purpose?

I guess it is to address the main purpose of this patch/confusion with
users: they believe setting DEFAULT PRIVILEGES will set grants
accordingly for all objects created in the future, no matter who creates
them. So hammering in that this is not the case seems fine from my side
(modulo the "You have to run" typo).

Michael