Re: Composite types as columns used in production?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Composite types as columns used in production?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
James Robinson <jlrobins@socialserve.com> writes:
>     Hmm -- I see that if the composite type was created via a table
> definition, then you _can_ actually add and drop columns, and the
> tables using the composite type seem to get updated, as in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00621.php .
> That's sweet, and if this is supportable functionality as opposed to an
> odd side-effect, then the 'ALTER TYPE' and 'CREATE TYPE' doc pages may
> well want to reference this feature.

My recollection is that there are some pretty serious limitations on
what you can do in this line, but basic cases do work.  I think the lack
of an ALTER TYPE that can handle the same cases is just a matter of lack
of round tuits.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Increasing statistics results in worse estimates
От: James Robinson
Сообщение: Re: Composite types as columns used in production?