Re: SQL query question

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: SQL query question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Another way is to use correlated-subqueries (refrencing outer
query's columns inside a subquery; hope this feature is supported):

select  *
from    FileVersionHistory H1
where   modificationDate = ( select  max(modificationDate)
                             from    FileVersionHistory H2
                             where   H2.filename = H1.filename
                           );

    And if you suspect that some different versions of a file might
have same Date, then you should add DISTINCT to 'select *', else
you'll get duplicates in the result.

Regards,
Gurjeet.

От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: MS-SQL2PostgreSQL
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: A slow query - Help please?