Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp

От chrisj
Тема Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Hector,

It would probably better to get the explanation from Andrew, but I will do
the best I can.

You asked about the 1 and -3.  The 1 would be the store number in my
original scenario and -3 would be the representation of the timezone (three
hours behind Universal Coordinate Time).

I still have not had a chance to implement the solution into my application,
but I am assuming the -3 could also be a mnemonic such as "EDT"  I live in
Toronto EDT is Eastern Daylight-savings Time.

As for the syntax of the select, it is simply casting a character
representation of a timestamp concatenated with a character representation
of timezone to timestamptz.

In hindsight it is so simple I can't believe I could not come up with it
myself.

Hector Villarreal wrote:

> Hi
> I am also interested in this type of setup. However, in the example
> below
> I am a little confused as to why the table entry is 1, -3
> And the subsequent select statement . I would appreciate an explanation
> on the select statement. I do not understand the syntax.
> Thanks in advance
> Hector Villarreal
> SELECT a.timestamp::timestamptz from (SELECT '2006-10-03
> 09:00'||"timezone" as timestamp from storetz where id = 1) as a;
>        timestamp

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql quey planner
От: chrisj
Сообщение: Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp