Re: [External] WAL Replication query

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: [External] WAL Replication query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Nov 1, 2022, at 7:34 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> Right.  And how does that constitute data loss?  If you start the primary again, the transaction
> will be replicated just fine.  Now if you call it *data delay*, I would agree.

It comes down to this: there is no magic. Replication is async with delay between primary & secondary, or replication
issynchronous with the delay visible to clients. Transaction commit completes, or it doesn't. And so on.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: [External] Re: WAL Replication query
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: [External] Re: WAL Replication query