Re: perl path issue

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: perl path issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Which part confused you Ravi?
Here’s my take
> On May 14, 2019, at 4:06 AM, Ravi Krishna <ravi_krishna@aol.com> wrote:
>

>> Not , am saying we have the daily backup and full backup in prod server only and there is one database like a4 the
dbsize is 1.5TB.
>> so am not restore again in prod .
Production server is fine and generating a new back-up daily.  (Presumably with pgBackrest?)

>> Am taking directly single backup restore in dev its means in dev server only restore the database in new cluster.
>> existing cluster we cant restore backups.
This is the part that I might not understand: a new postgres instance on the same dev server? both old and new failing
torestore at this time?
Does this imply that dev is the source of the dump being restored (as opposed to using the daily from prod)?

>> so thats why am struggling the issue getting some perl issue and remote option terminated otherwise wont disturb
anyoneand need to solve this issue.
>> this activity has been planned every 3 weeks.

The hope is to reload dev every three weeks.

> Sorry I am not able to follow the above. Did anyone else ?

I wonder if rebuilding dev server (or a different server) from the ground up is an option with all PG related parts
installas per prod?