Granting a user the privilege to create views?

От Olivier Macchioni
Тема Granting a user the privilege to create views?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello dear list,

Context:

PostgreSQL instance, version 10.1 used for Datawarehousing.

We have an ETL system loading lots of data on this instance, with all kind of business metrics. For most of the data, we're using a snowflake schema (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_schema)

Some users have read-only access to the DB and use various reporting tools to extract valuable information.

In order to do this, they do a lot of JOIN... all the time. They expressed the wish to be able to create VIEWS to simplify their SQL requests. Obviously I would like to allow them to do so. My understanding (based on reading the documentation and one some posts like  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19811683/cannot-grant-create-view-on-schema) is that it's currently not possible to grant them only this additional privilege.

Is it still the case?... Do you know any practical workaround which I could use?

Thank you,

Olivier

От: pavan95
Сообщение: Re: Which background task looks for pg_xlog in 10?
От: Csaba Ragasits
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup + SSL error: bad length