Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4beta1 build problem on unixware
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
>> and it BREAKS on UnixWare.  I can connect on unix domain sockets, but NOT
>> on an IP socket.
>>
>> I'm futzing with #undef'ing HAVE_GETADDRINFO for a test.

> Ok, with using OUR src/port/getaddrinfo.c (by #undef'ing HAVE_GETADDRINFO
> and
> adding getaddrinfo.o to Makefile.global's LIBOBJS, it works again.

I thought we might be a bit optimistic in assuming we could #define all
those macros as whatever we wanted ...

It seems getaddrinfo() exists but has no AI_NUMERICHOST flag bit on
Larry's machine ... and it actively rejects unrecognized ai_flags
settings.  The AI_NUMERICHOST flag bit seems to be inessential, so
I've just #define'd it as zero if we are using the system getaddrinfo
and we can't find a definition in <netdb.h>.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SSL Connection / Windows + Cygwin + PostgreSQL 7.4 Beta 1 question
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Change Request: \pset pager off in pg_dumpall