Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Hmm ... this doesn't really feel cleaner to me, although I'm not sure
> why not.

Oh, I thought of a more concrete point: InRecovery is inherently a
system-wide state, but XLogInsertAllowed is *not*.  While we write
the EOR checkpoint, we really want only the bgwriter to be authorized
to write WAL, but the scheme you propose would effectively authorize
all processes during that window.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
От: "stalker"
Сообщение: BUG #4888: Removed brackets from Check Constraints expressions