Re: AW: AW: LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR: request for comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: AW: LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR: request for comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
>> Right.  So what do you think about a hint that takes the form of a SET
>> variable for the fetch percentage to assume for a DECLARE CURSOR?

> Since we don't have other hints that are embedded directly into the SQL
> that sounds perfect.

> The not so offhand question for me is whether to use this percentage
> for non cursor selects also. Imho both should (at least in default)
> behave the same.

Not at all, since in a non-cursor select you *must* retrieve all the
data.  I can't see any reason to optimize that on any other basis than
total execution time.

От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: AW: LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR: request for comments
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problem with 2 avcuums in parallel