Re: PATCH: add "--config-file=" option to pg_rewind

От Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Тема Re: PATCH: add "--config-file=" option to pg_rewind
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am 01.03.22 um 05:18 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 08:48:23PM +0100, Gunnar "Nick" Bluth wrote:
>> So, how should we call the global "find the ***** 'postgres' executable and
>> boil out if that fails" function?
>>      char postgres_exec_path[MAXPGPATH] = findPostgresExec();
>> ?
>
> That would mean only a couple of lines gained, and the readability
> gained is minimal, so I'd be fine to keep the code as-is.  I am not
> sure about the full patch set yet, but the refactoring of the commands
> to use PQExpBuffer is good by itself, so I have extracted this part of
> the patch and applied that for now.

Which made the remaining patch v5 (which also appends the --config-file
for ensureCleanShutdown) much cleaner :)

Cheers,
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth

Eimermacherweg 106
D-48159 Münster

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
"Ceterum censeo SystemD esse delendam" - Cato

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints