Re: PgFoundry Move

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PgFoundry Move
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> > Sure, but the flip-side is that there really shouldn't be
> any need for
> > anyone on-site to need to touch the OS itself. For example,
> > distributed.net has run boxes all over the place for years
> and I think
> > we've only twice needed human intervention at the console due to
> > software, and that was only because we didn't have a hardware-based
> > serial console.
> And when the hard drive dies?

Why would you need to go into the OS console for that? Just replace the
broken harddrive and be done with it?

You need physical access to the machine of course, but the OS should be
no difference. Heck, it makes no difference between Linux and *Windows*
for that here, and FreeBSD is definitly closer ;-)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: PgFoundry Move
От: Joachim Wieland
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] source documentation tool doxygen