Re: postgres and ldap

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: postgres and ldap
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi
>
> I have started to use ldap for user authentication on my systems.
>
> 1 is it possible to get postgres to authenticate against ldap

Yes. With current releases you can do this with PAM, assuming you're on
a platform that can do PAM. If your platform can't do PAM (for example,
Windows), you can't do LDAP auth.

8.2 will have direct LDAP authentication without PAM.

> 2 is it advisable to do this ?

Sure, I see no reason why not. Beware of insecure password transports
though - you'll need to use SSL/TLS or similar to secure the connection
if you're going across insecure networks.

//Magnus

От: "Nitin Verma"
Сообщение: Re: VACUUMing sometimes increasing database size / sometimes
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: A slow query - Help please?