Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> > If we find one that *looks good* we can easily re-render all the
> > headers we have now, so that' snot a problem. But someone
> has to tell
> > us what font to use that actually looks good ;-) There's a
> reason this
> > one was picked in the beginning.
>
> My wife's got an enormous collection of (legally purchased)
> fonts from her old desktop-typesetting business.  I think
> Frutiger Roman is one ... if not she's surely got a close
> approximation.  What exactly is involved in re-rendering ---
> is it something that can be done in Adobe Photoshop?

What's involved is taking a couple of pre-made words/phrases ("LATEST
NEWS", "UPCOMING EVENTS", "SUPPORT US", "SHORCUTS" etc etc) and turn
those into PNGs. In specific colors.

What would be even better is if it's in a font format that can be used
with some commandline tool to generate the files, that way it'll be even
easier if/when we want to change it.

So if you can check if she has Frutiger Roman and can use it, that would
be a big help. What font format would it be in? TTF?

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Chris Ryan
Сообщение: Re: gborg down/broken ?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events