Re: [HACKERS] bigint vs txid user confusion

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] bigint vs txid user confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/20/16 10:20 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Tools look at pg_class.relfrozenxid and pg_databse.datfrozenxid more
> than probably anything else, so making changes that ignores them is
> pretty pointless.

Except the only useful way I know of to access *frozenxid is using
age(), and even that is a royal PITA when the xid is a special xid. So
I'd argue that we should effectively remove xid from user's view. Even
if we don't want to bloat pg_class by 4 bytes, we should just make xid
even more opaque than it is today and tell users to just cast it to bigxid.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] simplehash vs. pgindent
От: Andrew Borodin
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_background contrib module proposal