Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync

От Ron
Тема Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/12/20 8:58 PM, Tim Uckun wrote:
> I want to dump my postgres schema to disk in neat directories like
> pgadmin presents. Then I want to be able to edit the files and sync
> changes to the database and ideally if changes were made in the
> database to sync them back to the disk.

That could get really time- and disk-consuming if one of those "edits" was
to convert a column in a large 500M row table from numeric to text (or vice
versa), or add a column to the "middle" of a table.

Tricky to program, too, given all the foreign keys, partitions, etc, etc
that can be part of a table.

От: Tim Uckun
Сообщение: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to dump schema to files on disk and keep them in sync