Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Дата
Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter,

> I think that this must be a cultural thing. I can see how somebody
> would see the third person style as overly formal or stilted. An
> interpretation like that does make sense to me. But I knew of no
> reason why you might find that style made the message offensive. It
> was never intended to denigrate.

This explains why it felt so difficult to make myself clear. I was
feeling exactly the same, just the other way round.

> I don't know you all that well, but we have talked for quite a while
> on a few occasions. I got the sense that you are a decent person from
> these conversations. I have no possible reason to denigrate or insult
> you. In general I try to be respectful, and if I ever fail it's not
> because I didn't care at all. Anybody that knows me well knows that I
> am not a mean spirited person.

I never though that. Maybe we should have quickly talked things out.
Email tends to be a bad medium for communication, especially when it
goes wrong. :)

> If this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding, as I suspect it is,
> then I would be happy to let it go, and treat it as something to
> learn
> from.

Agreed, me too.

I'd like to apologize for not answering your email the way I should
have. Honestly it never occurred to me. Maybe that's because I'm used
to other procedures, or because I never had to converse with the RMT,
or maybe, quite simple, because I lacked the time to think it through,
the original issue that kind of started this whole mess.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE