Re: Suggestion, add committfest managers to the contributors page

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Suggestion, add committfest managers to the contributors page
Дата
Re: Suggestion, add committfest managers to the contributors page
Список pgsql-www
On 3/26/22 7:41 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 27 Mar 2022, at 00:35, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> $subject basically.  They volunteer to take on a management role that doesn't tend to be popular and the added
recognitionseems warranted.  I would suggest listing them only until we publish the release they were a manager for and
thenwe memorialize their role in the major version as part of its history and start the listing anew.  That limits the
sizeto around 6.

> While I'm not on the contributor committee, I do think this idea has merits.
> Personally I would expand scope to also list the RMT for similar reasons.

I think there are a few things here.

For specifically being listed on the contributors page, that would be a
discussion for the contributor committee, as Daniel says
(contributors@postgresql.org).

For the release notes, that's likely a discussion on -hackers/-docs in
terms of how we would want to denote that. I know that Peter spends a
fair bit of time compiling the list of all contributors to a major
release for the release notes, though we haven't broken out folks on
their roles in that (outside of who authored a feature).

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Suggestion, add committfest managers to the contributors page
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Suggestion, add committfest managers to the contributors page