Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table

От Ron
Тема Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Maybe he just has a large file that needs to be loaded into a table...

On 08/20/2018 11:47 AM, Vijaykumar Jain wrote:
Hey Ravi,

What is the goal you are trying to achieve here.
To make pgdump/restore faster?
To make replication faster?
To make backup faster ?

Also no matter how small you split the files into, if network is your bottleneck then I am not sure you can attain n times the benefit my simply sending the files in parallel but yeah maybe some benefit.
But then for parallel processing you also need to ensure your server is having relevant resources or else it will just be a lot of context switching I guess ?
Pg dump has an option to dump in parallel
pgbasebackup is single threaded I read but pgbackrest can allow better parallel processing in backups.
There is also logical replication where you can selectively replicate your tables to avoid bandwidth issues.
I might have said a lot and nothing may be relevant, but you need to let us know the goal you want to achieve :)

Regards,
Vijay
От: Vijaykumar Jain
Сообщение: Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table
От: Ravi Krishna
Сообщение: Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table