Re: [Admin] Reclaim Space from 4 TB Database

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: [Admin] Reclaim Space from 4 TB Database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Jul 18, 2018, at 6:17 AM, Rahul Saha <rahul.blooming@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Experts,
>
> Greetings !!
>
> Background -  PG version 9.4
> Linux - Rhel
>
> I have a scenario in production environment where the DB size is close to 4 TB and couple of tables are 1.5TB each.
>
> Now, as the table are highly transactional therefore there is lot of bloat in tables. While I run Vaccum Full in
weekendwhen there is no incoming connection, vacuum full never completes in 2 days.

> Firstly, I wanted to know what are the factor I should consider to speed up Vacuum Full process other than investing
memory.

> Secondly are there any other option to reclaim space.  (Pg_repck is a option). I am looking for more option if
available.

> Thank you everyone.
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Rahul Saha
>
> +91 8806351116
>
> Sent from my iPhone

If the table are highly transactional and you have auto vacuum enabled then the tables really should normalize.  I
wouldsuggest looking at your auto vacuum settings and being more aggressive about them.  Also consider upgrading to the
latestversion of Postgres as much work has been done to improve auto vacuum.

От: bala jayaram
Сообщение: logical decoding cannot be used while in recovery 9.5
От: Naveen Kumar
Сообщение: ERROR: unexpected chunk number 452 (expected 0) for toast value94674063 in pg_toast_56980977