Re: predicate locking

От Daniel Roth
Тема Re: predicate locking
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Tom

Apologies for my previous double post.

In "12.2.2.1. Serializable Isolation versus True Serializability"

It sates: "To guarantee true mathematical serializability, it is
necessary for a database system to enforce predicate locking, which
means that a transaction cannot insert or modify a row that would have
matched the WHERE condition of a query in another concurrent
transaction"

Now that is exactly whats happens when you use SERIALIZABLE is MSSQL.

So, by the postgres help documentation's definition of predicate
locking, MSSQL does predicate locking.

All I am trying to do is correct the help documentation - 12.2.2.1 "so
far as we are aware no other production DBMS does either."

Regards,

Daniel Roth