Re: Simpler dump?

От Ted Byers
Тема Re: Simpler dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Uwe

This is a great start.  It reduces the dump from 2 MB
down to 167K, but out of 6833 lines of SQL, 5744
relate to the public schema in the DB, and I didn't
touch that.  It has over a dozen types, 419 functions,
&c., that were put there by postgresql the moment I
created the database.  I'd expect the same stuff to be
there the moment I issue the create database directive
on the host machine, so all I really want is the dozen
sequences, two dozen tables, and the suite of
constraints I created, all in the schema specific to
my new DB.

Is there a reason pg_dump dumps the stuff in public
even though that stuff seems to be created, and
therefore present, in every database I create on a
given server instance?  Isn't that duplication a waste
of space, and it's presence in the dump a waste of CPU
cycles?

Thanks again.

Ted