Upgrading from 7.1.2 to 7.2.1 on new server

От Jean Huveneers
Тема Upgrading from 7.1.2 to 7.2.1 on new server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I've been using postgres 7.1.3 in production with a couple of unicode
databases.
Last week we bought a new server, i've installed RedHat Linux 7.2 on it
with postgres SQL 7.2.1.

Now, went i to move the data ('pg_dumpall > data_dump' on the old
server, psql template1 < data_dump data on the new server) i get an
error. psql continous but, same tables on the new server are not filled.
the error has something to do with 'illage unicode character sequence'.

Can somebody please give me some advise on how i fix these errors? or is
there another way to upgrade than via pg_dump?

Regards,

Jean Huveneers