Re: Help with storing spatial (map coordinates) data?

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: Help with storing spatial (map coordinates) data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We have had good success with postGIS for storing various spatial data sets (polygons, points and lines).

They can be found at <http://postgis.refractions.net/>.

We store our data in lat/long but postGIS has many different spatial reference systems defined and I would suspect that
minutes/secondsexists. You may want to subscribe to and post your question on the postGIS mailing list.

There are windows-ready compiled versions which seem to work well, although I've only played with them for prototypes
(ourreal database servers are all linux so I can't be of any help on the Windoze front).

In general support for this extension of postgres is quite helpful, so I would suggest asking on their general list.

HTH,

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC

От: Aaron Bingham
Сообщение: Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully implementing
От: Aaron Bingham
Сообщение: Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully implementing