Re: pgsql: docs: mention that expression indexes need analyze

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: pgsql: docs: mention that expression indexes need analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2020-11-12 21:01, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> docs: mention that expression indexes need analyze
>
> Expression indexes can't benefit from pre-computed statistics on
> columns.
>
> Reported-by: Nikolay Samokhvalov

> https://postgr.es/m/CANNMO++5rw9RDA=p40iMVbMNPaW6O=S0AFzTU=KpYHRpCd1voA@mail.gmail.com
>
> Author: Nikolay Samokhvalov, modified
>
> Backpatch-through: 9.5
>
> Branch
> ------
> REL_12_STABLE
>
> Details
> -------
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/90fdc259866ed800283620c8fe6329015ad58e5c
>
> Modified Files
> --------------
> doc/src/sgml/ref/create_index.sgml | 10 ++++++++++
> 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)

Hi,

This change contains:
  'The regularly system'

where probably was meant:
  'The regular system'

I think that dropping the word 'regular' entirely is even better.

thanks,

Erik Rijkers

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: doc: clarify where to find pg_type_d.h (PG 11+) and pg_type.h
От: Erik Rijkers
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: docs: mention that expression indexes need analyze