Re: Simpler dump?

От Ted Byers
Тема Re: Simpler dump?
Дата
Re: Simpler dump?  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Список pgsql-general
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Ted Byers <r.ted.byers@rogers.com> writes:
> > It seems the public schema is
> > automagically created by Postgres every time I
> create
> > a new database on a given server, and it has over
> > dozen types, over 400 functions, &c.  I don't
> really
> > understand why it needs to be duplicated in every
> Db
> > on a server, but that is another matter.
>
> What it sounds like to me is that you've managed to
> clutter your
> template1 with a lot of stuff you don't actually
> want, and that's
> getting propagated into new databases by CREATE
> DATABASE.  If so,
> it's not pg_dump's fault --- you need to clean out
> template1.

Thanks Tom,

Where will I find template1?  When I look at the
databases on the server, the only template I see is
called "template_postgis".  Most of the extra stuff I
see in all my databases relates to geometry that I
find in this template.  When I installed postgresql, I
enabled postgis because I need it for some, but not
all, of my databases.  Is it possible to have more
than one template, and to specify which template to
use when creating a new DB?

Thanks again,

Ted

От: John Burger
Сообщение: Planner not using UNIQUEness of index properly
От: "Douglas McNaught"
Сообщение: Re: Simpler dump?