Re: crosstab

От Aram Fingal
Тема Re: crosstab
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 4, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Vincent Veyron wrote:

> Le mardi 04 septembre 2012 à 08:39 -0700, punnoose a écrit :
>> hi all
>> How could i use crostab to display variable number of columns. in the output
>> There could be variable number of columns
>
> see the documentation for Additional Supplied Modules, in your case
> tablefunc :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/tablefunc.html

I evaluated tablefunc about a year and a half ago and found that it was not what I wanted because you have to
explicitlylist what you want the columns to be.  In some cases, there will be hundreds of columns in the pivoted table.
The Reshape library in R can pivot tables without you even knowing ahead of time how many columns there are going to
be. Maybe I need to revisit the documentation in case I missed something or if new functionality has been added since I
lastlooked.

-Aram