Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Fdw batch insert error out when set batch_size > 65535
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/26/21 8:57 AM, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 2:47 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 1:08 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
>> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks for the comments. I have addressed all comments to the v3 patch.
>>
>> Thanks! The patch basically looks good to me except that it is missing
>> a commit message. I think it can be added now.
>
> With v3 patch, I observed failure in postgres_fdw test cases with
> insert query in prepared statements. Root cause is that in
> postgresGetForeignModifyBatchSize, fmstate can be null (see the
> existing code which handles for fmstate null cases). I fixed this, and
> added a commit message. PSA v4 patch.

Thanks. In what situation is the fmstate NULL? If it is NULL, the
current code simply skips the line adjusting it. Doesn't that mean we
may not actually fix the bug in that case?

Also, I think it'd be keep the existing comment, probably as the first
line of the new comment block.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: CREATE COLLATION - check for duplicate options and error out if found one