Re: [BUGS] Missing PRIMARY KEYs and duplicated rows

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: [BUGS] Missing PRIMARY KEYs and duplicated rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 13/04/17 10:22, Chris Pacejo wrote:

> On Apr 12, 2017 6:13 PM, "Mark Kirkwood"
> <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz <mailto:mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>>
> wrote:
>

>     I'd be inclined to suspect the hardware with weird behaviour like
>     that (memory and disk errors in particular).
>

> Me too, but how would that explain the observation that it's occurring
> only within one database (and on all tables within that database)? The
> only thing all tables within a database have in common on disk is that
> they reside in the same directory.
>
> And the ctids of the duplicate rows indicate that they're allocated
> sequentially in the same page as the legitimate rows. (The tables are
> mostly all less than a dozen rows.) How could this be explained by
> disk corruption?
>
> I suppose memory corruption is possible, but it still seems oddly
> specific.

Things disappearing and coming back sounds more like bad memory to as
well. I'd recommend taking that server down and running memcheck.

regards

Mark

От: Chris Pacejo
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Missing PRIMARY KEYs and duplicated rows
От: Chris Pacejo
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Missing PRIMARY KEYs and duplicated rows