Re: BUG #18224: message bug in libpqwalreceiver.c.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18224: message bug in libpqwalreceiver.c.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> I've changed
> it to add a comment instead which explains why we check for < 3 and write that
> we expect 4 in the error message.  It could be argued that we should say that
> we expect "3 or more" fields but given the age of the change we clearly do
> expect 4 at this point.

I disagree with making this error message lie about what the test was.
Clearly we need to s/3, 1/1, 3/ but I don't think the number should
be different from what we actually allow.

Having said that, maybe there's a case for requiring 4 columns now.
I agree it's pretty unlikely that current releases would see a pre-9.4
server on the other end of the line.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18222: Unexpected Error--Cannot delete from scalar
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18224: message bug in libpqwalreceiver.c.