Re: naming convention/mixed case

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: naming convention/mixed case
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alejandro Fernandez <ale@nin.cx> writes:
> The problem is that postgres's handling of mixed case table names etc
> makes things quite complicated, as they have to be enclosed in double
> quotes:

Only if you insist on them appearing in mixed case in the database.
Have you thought about writing myFieldName in your queries, and ignoring
the fact that the database will smash it down to myfieldname?

> or is there a plan to get postgres naming to
> support mixed case more?

Doing so would make us less compliant with the SQL standard, so no,
there aren't any plans to change that.

От: Ed Loehr
Сообщение: Re: microsecond log timestamps
От: webb sprague
Сообщение: WAL logs eating my diskspace!!