List all tables from a specific database

От Flaviu2
Тема List all tables from a specific database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I work on a project that use Postgre SQL, and I have 0 experience in this regard. I hope to get help here. I need two SQL scripts for Postgre:

1. Get all databases, which I aquired already:

SELECT datname FROM pg_database WHERE datistemplate = false

This one is functional, it's ok.

2. Now, I need to find all tables under a specific database. This one I don't know how to achieve it. Can you help me here ? It is possible ?

For instance, using this SQL script:

SELECT 1, datname FROM pg_database WHERE datistemplate = false

I got:

mydb1
mydb2
postgres

So far, so good. Of course, mydb1 and mydb2 have been created by me, using:

create database mydb1
create database mydb2

Now, which SQL script to use, to retrieve all tables under a database only, but, most important, using SQL script only.

For instance, something like (pseudo-script):

SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE database = 'mydb1'
SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE database = 'mydb2'

Kindly thank you.

Flaviu.

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: [Extern] Re: postgres event trigger workaround
От: Ray O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: List all tables from a specific database