Re: slow joining very large table to smaller ones

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: slow joining very large table to smaller ones
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 7/15/05, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 16:29:58 -0600,
>   Dan Harris <fbsd@drivefaster.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I tried this one.  My ssh keeps getting cut off by a router
> > somewhere between me and the server due to inactivity timeouts, so
> > all I know is that both the select and explain analyze are taking
> > over an hour to run.  Here's the explain select for that one, since
> > that's the best I can get.
>
> Are you using NAT at home? That's probably where the issue is. If you
> have control of that box you can probably increase the timeout to a
> couple of hours.

Some versions of ssh have such a configuration option (in .ssh/config):

Host *
        ServerAliveInterval 600

...it means that ssh will send a "ping" packet to a sshd every 10 minutes
of inactivity.  This way NAT will see activity and won't kill the session.
I'm using OpenSSH_4.1p1 for this...

Oh, and it doesn't have anything to do with TCP keep alive, which is
rather for finding dead connections than keeping connections alive. ;)

   Regards,
       Dawid

От: Robert Creager
Сообщение: Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS