Re: Changing PK on replicated database

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Changing PK on replicated database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/17/19 3:13 AM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> Correct, those records are on replica too. I´m just talking about the best
> way to update those keys and all their dependent tables.
> If I change them first on master they will not be replicated because it will
> be an update and their pk will not be found on replica, correct ?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-altertable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-REPLICA-IDENTITY
"DEFAULT (the default for non-system tables) records the old values of
the columns of the primary key, if any."

AFAIK I know there is no restrictions on what you want to do(changing PK):

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/logical-replication-restrictions.html

To test and confirm this set up a test parent/child table combination
and change a PK. As to the FK, pretty sure that is handled by the
changes on the primary child tables being replicated to the standby
child tables.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: CVE-2018-1058
От: Durumdara
Сообщение: Vacuum very big table - how the full vacuum works in background/internally?