Re: T is a mandatory date time separator in RFC3339 but documentation states differently

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: T is a mandatory date time separator in RFC3339 but documentation states differently
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 15.11.23 09:37, Erik Wienhold wrote:
> On 2023-11-15 08:16 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> The SQL standard does not refer to ISO 8601 to define date formats, it has
>> its own definitions.  In fact, PostgreSQL implements more date formats than
>> the SQL standard requires.
>
> Really?  Then what does the standard mean with section "Definitions
> taken from ISO 8601" which I quoted in [1]?  Just using the term "date"
> without adopting its syntax?

Exactly, it just imports the definitions of those terms.

> And the Postgres docs also say "The SQL standard requires the use of the
> ISO 8601 format." [2]
> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-DATETIME-OUTPUT

Yeah, that isn't correct.

I think we should reframe "ISO" to mean "ISO 9075" and remove all claims
of alignment with ISO 8601 and RFC 3339.

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: T is a mandatory date time separator in RFC3339 but documentation states differently
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: T is a mandatory date time separator in RFC3339 but documentation states differently