Re: Win32 ODBC Issue!

От evgeny
Тема Re: Win32 ODBC Issue!
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello Медер,

МБ> Hello!

МБ> I have installed Redhat Linux 7.2 and Postgresql-7.1 as a database.
МБ> I have a server-side program, which works with postgresql on Linux (writes some data to it) and need to write a
clientprogram on Windows.

МБ> I downloaded a driver from odbc.postgresql.org, but it is outdated (v.7.01): It doesn't support encrypted
passwords,so it cannot connect to my database (even I do not supply passwords at all)

МБ> Where can I download the latest ODBC driver?

МБ> Thanks in advance.

ODBC driver is NOT outdated. Drivers has their own versioning, that is
not same as Postgresql's one. ODBC does not support encrypted
passwords, so you have to use clear text authentification with your
Windows client.

BTW, the latest version of Postgresql ODBC drivers id 7.01.0009.

--
Best regards,
 evgeny                            mailto:evgeny@iplus.ru