Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Commitfest 2023-03 starting tomorrow!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 17.03.23 15:38, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Simplify find_my_exec by using realpath(3)
>> The problem with this one is that Peter would like it to do something
>> other than what I think it should do.  Not sure how to resolve that.

> I have no objection to changing the internal coding of the current behavior.

Oh ... where the thread trailed off [1] was you not answering whether
you'd accept a compromise behavior.  If it's okay to stick with the
behavior we have, then I'll just do the original patch (modulo Munro's
observations about _fullpath's error reporting).

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2319396.1664978360%40sss.pgh.pa.us