Re: Proposal for Prototype Implementation to Enhance C/C++ Interoperability in PostgreSQL

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Proposal for Prototype Implementation to Enhance C/C++ Interoperability in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.05.23 04:38, 盏一 wrote:
>  > It seems extremely specific to one particular C++ implementation
>
> To perform a force unwind during longjmp, the _Unwind_ForcedUnwind
> function is used. This function is defined in the [Itanium C++ ABI
> Standard](https://itanium-cxx-abi.github.io/cxx-abi/abi-eh.html#base-throw), which is followed by all C++
implementations.Additionally, the glibc
[nptl/unwind.c](https://elixir.bootlin.com/glibc/latest/source/nptl/unwind.c#L130)file shows that on all platforms,
pthread_exitis also implemented using _Unwind_ForcedUnwind.

> Furthermore, the Itanium C++ ABI specification also defines
> _Unwind_RaiseException as the entry point for all C++ exceptions thrown.

I ran your patch through Cirrus CI, and it passed on Linux but failed on
FreeBSD, macOS, and Windows.  You should fix that if you want to
alleviate the concerns about the portability of this approach.

От: gkokolatos@pm.me
Сообщение: Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
От: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Сообщение: Re: Tab completion for CREATE SCHEMAAUTHORIZATION