Re: pre-proposal: type interfaces

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: pre-proposal: type interfaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Still on the phone...

--
dim

Le 23 oct. 2009 à 21:16, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> a écrit :
> I'd feel more comfortable with being able to add some flags to an
> opclass (or more likely an opfamily) that assert that its strategy
> numbers agree with some convention or other.

The overlap operator only concern multi dimensional data types I
think, it seems to me we can use the term "range".

So whart about applying semantics to strategy numbers for RANGE
OPERATOR CLASS ... GIST ...

I'm not sure how scalable we want to be there, so maybe those
(options, range, ...) would be better, but the flexibility Will
certainly not be that good as each option Will require unique strategy
numbers...

Regards,

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Parsing config files in a directory
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Tightening binary receive functions