Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL
Дата
Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Sep 22, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Raul Retamozo wrote:
> Hi everyone on the list. I want to know what is the reccommended OS
> to work with PostgreSQL , on specific with PostGIS:
> One more question is about what HW (server) offers the best
> performance for a Web Map Server bases on PostGIS and mapserver.

In general, you're probably best off running whatever OS you're most
comfortable with.

As for hardware, until recently, AMD was the un-disputed king when it
came to running PostgreSQL (and databases in general). But the newer
Intel CPUs seem to have surpassed the Opteron. I believe there's a
tweakers.net article floating around that did some performance
testing with the new CPUs.
--
Jim Nasby                                    jimn@enterprisedb.com

От: adey
Сообщение: Re: WAL configuration and REINDEX
От: "Guido Neitzer"
Сообщение: Re: best OS and HW for postgreSQL