Another possible bug in pg_restore

От Jie Liang
Тема Another possible bug in pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I dumped my data from a server(FreeBSD4.5, Pg7.2.0)
and I try to restore my whole database on another server(FreeBSD4.6,
Pg7.2.1)
I try to change the ownership of all the objects in my db on new server, so
I created a new user 'reporter' in my new db on new server, originally, all
almost of my object were owned by user 'robot', so I use -O tell pg_restore
do not use orignal owner and -U give a new owner, however, the result is,
original owner cannot be removed with -O(I tried -R also), unless restore a
single table with -t, but -t won't restore index at all, this is different
from
what I see use pg_dump -t in a plain text form which contains related
sequence
object and indexex.
I tried using 'pg_restore -Ovs -U reporter -d test' to restore the schema
only,
I got the same error msg.

Following is the log:

wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $createdb test
CREATE DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $pg_restore -Ov -U reporter -d test
/work/wam/tmp/wamdump.0208081536
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: [archiver] WARNING:
  Data restoration may fail because existing triggers cannot be disabled
  (no superuser user name specified).  This is only a problem when
  restoring into a database with already existing triggers.
pg_restore: creating TABLE waminfo
pg_restore: creating ACL waminfo
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  user "robot"
does not exist
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $dropdb test
DROP DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $createdb test
CREATE DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $pg_restore -Ov -U reporter -S postgres -d test
/work/wam/tmp/wamdump.0208081536
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: creating TABLE waminfo
pg_restore: creating ACL waminfo
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  user "robot"
does not exist
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $dropdb test
DROP DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $createdb test
CREATE DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $pg_restore -Ovt waminfo -U reporter -d test
/work/wam/tmp/wamdump.0208081536
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: [archiver] WARNING:
  Data restoration may fail because existing triggers cannot be disabled
  (no superuser user name specified).  This is only a problem when
  restoring into a database with already existing triggers.
pg_restore: creating TABLE waminfo
pg_restore: restoring data for table waminfo
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $dropdb test
DROP DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $createdb test
CREATE DATABASE
wammer:/usr/local/pgsql/bin $pg_restore -Ovt waminfo -U reporter -Spostgres
-d test /work/wam/tmp/wamdump.0208081536
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: creating TABLE waminfo
pg_restore: restoring data for table waminfo

Jie Liang

jie@stbernard.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: What to do about a vacuum...
От: Jie Liang
Сообщение: Re: problem with select into and timestamp.