Re: RAM of Postgres Server

От Ben Chobot
Тема Re: RAM of Postgres Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 7, 2016, at 10:32 PM, Sachin Srivastava <ssr.teleatlas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> We are looking at more like 500-600 connections simultaneously in 1 day and I want to say we get 10000 to 12000
connectionsa day per db.

Unless you have 300 cores to service those 500-600 simultaneous connections, you are really going to want to put your
databasebehind a connection pooler such as pgBouncer. A connection pooler is a proxy that decreases the concurrency on
thedatabase, letting the database see only a few of the connections that clients want to make, and thereby increasing
overallquery throughput.

If it works for your application, pgBouncer has wonderful mode called transaction pooling, which automatically rotates
clientsinto an open database slot on transaction boundaries.