Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: errors on macOS on directories with ".DS_Store" files
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 21 Apr 2023, at 00:33, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 01:15:40PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Maybe.  I'm a bit hesitant to add too many smarts to pg_rewind.  It's a tool
>> for when something has gone wrong with a cluster (albeit probably not at the
>> filesystem level), and at that point I feel it's better to put the user fully
>> in charge. Perhaps I'm overly cautious, curious to hear from others.
>
> Hmm.  pg_rewind is mostly a differential block-level backup tool, so
> applying the same rules everywhere across the board would be sensible
> here.  See that exclude_list_item is able to handle prefixes, and we
> may want to extend the same logic for the directory list, as well..
>
> By the way, the patch ought to add some tests?  For pg_basebackup,
> this would be around "These files should not be copied" in
> 010_pg_basebackup.pl.  pg_checksums has also its own checks in
> 002_actions.pl.

Skipping hidden files in pg_rewind added as well as tests for all three
utilities and mentions of this in the docs.  I'll park this in the next
commitfest for now.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17910: gcc-introduced load may cause concurrency bug
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17909: CREATE SCHEMA AUTHORIZATION sch CREATE TABLE foo ( id INT ) will coredump