Re: [pgsql-www] front page "download 10 rc 1"

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] front page "download 10 rc 1"
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Sep 29, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

On Sep 29, 2017, at 12:52 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:

The .org front page has a link named "Download 10 RC 1", but it links to this page:

However, that page caters to production releases.  It may be possible to click around enough from that page to figure out how to install 10rc1, but it sure ain't easy.

That is a fair point; for Beta / RC releases, we could point directly to the file browser to where they can be downloaded.

I think this would be the best one:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/snapshots/.  I eventually got there, after trying all the alternatives.

Good find, I have pushed an update to point there as it has the best directions on the site for finding them, which leads to...

(And I haven't managed to find it all for Windows)

Is there a better page we can link to that is specifically for installing 10rc1, for people who don't want to compile it themselves?

The issue here is that I don’t believe there are installers built for all of the distributions.  If all of the package maintainers do this, then we could further improve the linking.

But letting people know "Yeah, there isn't a way to do that on our platform, sorry" would be nice, to avoid a lot of frustration.  (I don't know who would catalog what can't be done, though)

Reviewing that page, it looks like it handles it.  I noticed there were Windows installers available there for download.

Thanks!

Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] front page "download 10 rc 1"
От: Schneider
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] User-perspective knowledge about wait events