Re: PGSQL x iptables

От Slansky Lukas
Тема Re: PGSQL x iptables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Slansky Lukas wrote:
>
> > 1. -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT

> > 2. -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp -s
> > aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd --dport 5432 -j ACCEPT
> >
> > 3. -A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

> > I was wondering when these rules are not OK for our environment. It
> > seems that rules 1 and 2 sometimes pass packets and therefore these
> > packets are rejected.
>
> Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> After a long period of inactivity, perhaps?

Is 15 seconds long period? I don't think so.

> If you're relying on `-m state' or `-m ctstate' you should be using a
> TCP keepalive. Otherwise the connection tracking entry for the

I'll try to lower TCP keepa live times and make some tests.

> connection will be purged after a while - how long depends on your
> firewall configuration - and then packets will no longer be seen as
part
> of an established connection.

Deleting -m state --state NEW seems to be "solution" but I'm trying to
figure out origin of the problem.

To John: I know it's related to iptables but this state seems to be only
on PG connections :-)

L.

От: liuzg4 liuzg4
Сообщение: how to select temp table
От: digital_illuminati@yahoo.com
Сообщение: Yahoo Everest MPP - open source release?